If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
- Type of personal information collected
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, gender, DOB, address, telephone and email depending on the dealings you have with us. If you;
- Make an in-store purchase, we may collect your credit card, identity and transaction details in person and, if you use our delivery service, your name, contact details and delivery address.
- Pre-order goods or services, put goods on hold, use our lay-by service, or leave goods for repair, we may collect your name and contact details
- Provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain products or ranges, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and information about your preferences
- Make a purchase online, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, delivery address or store pick up details and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender.
- Provide information via social media pages or download any apps which we may develop or post to, such as providing your name or contact details via our Facebook pages
- Attend one of our fashion parades or events, we will collect your name and contact details
- Enter a competition or complete a form or survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise or services preferences and feedback
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via our Customer Service Team, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
- Apply for a job with us, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details. We may also conduct other relevant history checks, including whether you have any requisite working visa
- Engage with or purchase products from third parties who deal with us
You can transact with us (e.g. by paying cash in-store for purchases) and make general enquiries or provide certain feedback anonymously, however in some cases if you don’t identify yourself, we may not be able to respond to you or provide you with the product or service you are seeking: eg, you must identify yourself to purchase products online, place items on lay-by or arrange for products to be delivered to you.
We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented, or we are required or authorised by law to do so.
- Why we collect Personal Information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- Processing transactions, in-store and online, and delivering products and services
- To provide any associated loyalty program
- Promoting us and our products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- Helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- Developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or service
- Protecting the security of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- Answering queries, resolving complaints, receiving compliments, responding to feedback or other customer enquiry processing and responding to social media
- Recruiting staff and contractors
- General planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to us, you consent to us contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone. You can opt out of being contacted by emailing us.
Email and mobile communication
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information for purposes including to provide our products and services to you, and as required by law.
- Access to and correction of personal information
Please contact us at the email below if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Complaints about breach or questions
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach or have any questions regarding our policy, please contact us on the email address below.
All complaints received by us will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information on the website of the OAIC at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below at any time.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information unless you want to. For example, it is your choice as to whether you purchase our products or services or receive communications from us. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide a product or service or deal with you.
- Data Quality & Security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in our POS system, printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at our offices, or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- Ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
The steps we take to secure personal information include security restrictions on access to our computer systems, controlled access to our office premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and training and workplace policies. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the Internet, you can contact us as set out in section 9. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Third party sites
- Changes to this Policy
- For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Kings Park Fashions ABN: 47 742 849 800
Mail: Shop 4 / 16 Hulme Court, Myaree WA Australia 6154
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 08 9330 2700
Last update: 11 January 2018